ACS IRG Forms and Procedures
The American Cancer Society has awarded the University of Virginia Cancer Center an Institutional Research Award. The major objective of the Institutional Research Award is to support the development of newly independent investigators to conduct cancer research including basic, translational and psychosocial and behavioral research, and cancer care in the economically disadvantaged.
- Grants will be awarded to young faculty members who are citizens or noncitizen nationals of the U.S. or have been admitted to the U.S. for permanent residence.
- Investigators must be within 6 years of their first independent research or faculty.
- Senior investigators or postdoctoral fellows are not eligible.
- Investigators currently supported with national research awards are not eligible.
- Investigators with active K99/R00 awards are NOT eligible to apply. However, investigators whose initial grant was not renewed and are still at level of assistant professor and within 6 years of their first appointment may apply.
Awards will be made up to a maximum of $30,000. We expect to fund 3 to 4 projects. Individual allocations can be used for equipment, consumable supplies and limited technical support (the ACS discourages the use of Institutional Grant Funds for the support of full-time technical help.) In the past, these awards have been a most valuable resource for new cancer investigators at the University.
Applications must be made using the ACS IRG forms below. The application and biographical sketch should be sent as a single PDF file to Roger Abounader, MD, PhD. The deadline for submission of applications is 12:00 PM on Monday April 24, 2017.
Second Year of Support.
For more information please contact: